Saturday, April 21, 2012

DYNAMIC DUO'S

Many comedians have found success performing alone, while others found it best to team up. For this next week, I will be posting on my favorite Duos and Trios.

Before I move on from the solo performers, I wanted to list a few comparisons I found interesting. I posted on six comedians and here are their similarities.


When it came to having boys:
Stan Laurel
Red Skelton
Lou Costello
(These three all had their only son die in their youth).

Danny Kaye
(Only had one child, a daughter).

Bob Hope
(Adopted four kids).

Jerry Lewis
(He is the odd one out with six boys from his first wife).


Speaking of wives:
Danny Kaye
Bob Hope
Lou Costello
(All of these never divorced with the exception of a rumor about Hope having a previous marriage).

Jerry Lewis
(He had two marriages).

Red Skelton
(Had three marriages).

Stan Laurel
(Interesting enough, he had five marriages. Two of them were with his second wife who later became his fourth).


On Academy Awards:
None of the comedians I posted on received an Oscar for a performance. They all, except Lou Costello, received Honorary Awards from the Academy.
Stan Laurel
Red Skelton
Jerry Lewis
(They all received one Honorary Academy Award).

Danny Kaye
(He was awarded two Oscars)

Bob Hope
(He beat them all. Not only was he the host for the Oscars countless times, he walked home five of his own).

There are a few other comparisons that I don't have time to list now.

No comments:

Post a Comment