Tuesday, September 25, 2012

AN END TO POSTING



I regret to announce that I am discontinuing future posts for this blog. My original goal was to post once a day for a whole year. I had hoped to gain a group of similar fans and create a discussion on old movies and entertainers. Though these ideas will never be completely realized, in retrospect, I have accomplished quite a few achievements.

From December 18th, 2011 to this day, I have created over two-hundred posts. Some of them may have been a quick update on my next project, but the majority of them were done on a larger scale. Each post required a certain amount of time for research, writing and then editing. Pictures, videos, quotes, facts, family ties and other bits of information were gathered and then organized before I presented them to the public.

Another achievement, of which I am very proud, is the amount of recorded traffic I have had on this site. As of today, I am just shy of 10,000 hits. This number, to me, is earth-shattering as I had no idea that this was such a popular subject. A large amount of my traffic seems to come from an interest in pictures that I've posted.

The reason for this decision has been the result of multiple issues. The first of them was time. You may be surprised by the amount of time it takes to create a single post. Another factor was popularity, I call it blogging blindly. With each new post, I never knew if I was making an impact. It has been some time since I have received any feedback and I've wondered if anyone reads my posts at all.

One other reason, for this choice, is that the program I used to create my many collages has changed their format and made it virtually impossible for me to continue on with its new direction. Though this is not the primary issue for stopping my blog, it was the added weight that tipped the scales.

I hope that I have not depicted this blogging experience to have been a negative one. In fact, it has been one of the best experiences in my life. The information that I uncovered has become a treasure, to me, without price. My understanding of the early days of Hollywood has greatly shifted and my admiration for the films and stars of the past has grown to a greater level.

In short, pictures that were unknown to me became cherished works of art, and stars that were previously beyond my view found themselves among my favorite constellations. I invite you to view my posts and learn for yourself the great work these men and women did to entertain an age gone by. Their work was as risky as it was noble, as fascinating as it was simple.

I believe that if the families of our day would begin to watch these films more, the common issues we face would slowly disappear and this country would once again value the traits of their ancestors. It does not matter if the film is in black & white, it does not matter if there is no dialogue. The films of the past often contain in them the secrets to a happy society and only after you begin to watch them, can you begin to see that the they express the most important rule of all... "Love thy neighbor."

I may do a post here and there in the future, but as of now I am leaving the designing board as I go on to watch Vintage Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment