Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MOTHER'S MONTH CLOSURE & FUTURE POSTS

Ever since this month began, I have had countless special conversations with my mom about her favorite movies and actors. It has been quite special and rewarding to hear her thoughts on the greatest age of Hollywood. I have also had some amazing discoveries and re-discoveries on the things she loves, and I hope that if anyone is reading this that they have come to appreciate these things as much as she has cherished them.

For the last week of the month, she wanted me to post on a few of the films she may not have remembered to list as her favorite. The films that I will be posting on, along with the ones listed earlier, are true classics though they may have not made it in to the most known list. That has been her mission all along - To share with those close to her, the films that they may have never known of, but will never forget.

Throughout this month, I have had an idea of a theme for the months to come. I thought that it might be interesting to dedicate a whole month to a specific year in movies. The year of 1939 is one that catches my attention. It is known as the biggest year at the academy awards and brought us classics like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Wizard of Oz & Gone with the Wind. With these hard hitters taking the spotlight, films like: On Borrowed Time, Dodge City, Gunga Din, Beau Geste, Drums Along the Mohawk, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Young Mr. Lincoln, Babes In Arms, They Shall Have Music, The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle and many other amazing films didn't get enough light to survive.

Before I use this theme, I will be dedicating this next month to my father's favorite movie's and movie stars. Just as a reminder, my father looks and talks just like John Wayne so don't be shocked to see his movies listed a few more times than others.

I'm excited to learn more about my dad and his thoughts on the films of the past. At first he didn't have an enthusiasm for these things, but he has come to treasure these movies almost as much as my mom. The main reason for this transition is his love for his wife. How can you not love something that is loved by someone you love most of all. My father is the perfect example of unselfish love and he may have learned it from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment