Friday, May 25, 2012

SONG OF THE SOUTH (1946)

Studio: Walt Disney Productions.

Producer: Walt Disney.

Director: Harve Foster & Wilfred Jackson

Awards: This film won an Oscar for Best Original Song "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" and another Oscar as an Honorary Award. It was also nominated for Best Music, Scoring of a Musical Picture.

Interesting Fact: Though this fact is mostly well known, this film is the inspiration for the popular Splash Mountain ride in the Disney parks.

My Favorite Scene: The whole movie is full of song and story. I love every bit of it.

Uncle Remus: It happum on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days. Now dat's the kinda day where you can't opem yo mouf widout a song jumpin right out of it!


I am shocked and appalled by the negativity of which this film has received. It is a fine story about a fine lesson, but some people get too distracted by trivial fiction. I can think of a hundred other films that should be disgraced for their content other than this picture. When my mother watched this film, Uncle Remus became her best friend. She waited on his every word and admired him for his wisdom. I wish this film would be released on DVD, but it looks like it never will. I wish to state how much I loved this film as a kid. It taught me a lesson, not an ideology, that places existed I'd not even know about. It is truly a family classic and one of the greats.

This is a small clip from the movie.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MOVIE?

No comments:

Post a Comment