Wednesday, August 8, 2012

THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER (1965)

Studio: Paramount Pictures

Producer: Paul Nathan & Hal B. Wallis

Director: Henry Hathaway

Music: Elmer Bernstein

Release Date: July 1st, 1965

Awards: It won a Bronze Wrangler Award.

Origination: Based on a book titled Life of the Marlows.

Interesting Fact: Production of the film was postponed for a few months upon the discovery that Wayne had lung cancer. One other note worthy fact is that the carriage hearst used in the film now resides in front of the Haunted Mansion at Disney World.

Bud Elder: I don't want to be rich and respectable. I want to be just like the rest of you

This film should be seen by every family of boys. From the positions held of the numbered siblings to the boyhood brawls, it captures the life of brothers growing up, better than any other I've seen. I, myself, was the last of my family and I felt much like Bud in this film. I still do to this day. Putting aside the relationships of the characters, the cast is a power keg of talent. Martin & Wayne were in a few films together and this one if my favorite of theirs. As a western it has one of the best shoot outs ever written. My two favorite side actors are John Doucette & George Kennedy.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MOVIE?

No comments:

Post a Comment