Saturday, February 11, 2012

JEANETTE MACDONALD (1903-1965)

JEANNETTE ANNA MCDONALD

Born: June 18th, 1903 (Pennsylvania)

Died: January 14th, 1965 (heart attack)

Marriage: Gene Raymond (1937-Her death)

Children: None.

Interesting Fact: She was crowned Queen of Hollywood in 1939.

Success: She is most famous for her duets with Nelson Eddy in their films at MGM.

Awards: She has received two walk of fame's.

My Favorite Film: "Smilin' Through" (1941), "Maytime" (1937), and "The Firefly" (1937) are my top three, but having seen a majority of her films it is hard not to add all of them to this list. Jeanette's publicly proclaimed her favorite to be "Maytime."

This is the most famous Actress in my household, which caused a great surprise as I discovered how unknown she is. I grew up with her & Nelson Eddy music in my home, and it was a treat. She was a beautiful red-head on the set and a demanding performerer on the screen.

*Here is the song she sang at Louis B. Mayer's funeral and
that was sung at hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment